The title is a mouthful, I know, but I just had to get across how great this smoothie is. It’s not only delicious, but bright in color and full of protein.
It can be hard to find vegan smoothies in the supermarket and your local smoothie shop might cost a fortune. That’s why I decided to create my own, and make sure it’s full of antioxidants I know my body needs.
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop V-Whey Mixed Berry Protein Powder`
- 1 Tsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- Optional – Handful of Ice
It’s important to remember that you don’t need to add all of the liquid – if you like your smoothie a little thicker, add slightly less OJ. If you make the smoothie too think, add in more OJ or water.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and light purple.
- You can add the ice to the blending process or afterwards to keep your drink chilled.
I think the thing I love most about this vegan friendly smoothie is that it’s so creamy, you almost feel like you’re having a milkshake.
It’s great for on the go, a quick breakfast or a post workout pick me up. You can even double the measurements and share with a friend!