Got some left over candy canes from the holidays? We know exactly what you can do with them.
These protein cookies are so easy to make, taste like dessert but are healthy enough to have as your post-workout treat or on the go snack.
Interested in baking them yourself? Keep reading.
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup soy or oat milk
- 2 scoops of Chocolate V-Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp corn-starch
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Add all of the wet ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
- Fold in all of the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the non-dairy chocolate chips or chunks and crushed candy cane pieces.
- Cook in the oven at 160c/320f for 14-18 minutes. Once removed from the oven, leave on the side for minimum 20 minutes as they will continue to cook in the centre.
The cookies can be separated and frozen to be saved for later. You can even cook them from frozen to get a crispier edge.
These cookies will go down a treat with friends, family and especially kids! A full proof way to trick them into having a healthy, protein packed sweet treat.