Sometimes when I’m craving something sweet, I really struggle to find anything that will hit the spot. These no bake peanut butter cookie bars are so yummy… they never let me down.
They can even be frozen so you can stay stocked up, although in my house they’re gone within the first couple of hours!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 scoops V-Whey protein powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1½ cups walnuts
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 10 soft dates
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- Flaky sea salt to taste
- Add your peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt into a bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add in 2 scoops of your chosen V-Whey protein powder and flour and fold the dry mix into the wet mix.
- Add in your chocolate chips and fold again, the mixture will be very thick.
- Press the mixture into a 9×9 square tin using your hands and put in the freezer to harden for 30 minutes.
- Add your walnuts, cocoa powder, sea salt and dates into a blender and blitz together.
- Gradually add the water and oat milk to get a spreadable consistency, it might get stuck to the blade and need some help.
- Spread over the top of the cookie layer and sprinkle some sea salt on top.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes and enjoy!
The cookie bars can be cut into between 9 and 16 pieces and are perfect for sharing with friends, a midnight snack or having as a post-gym sweet treat.