I’ve always loved milkshakes, but going vegan has made them harder to find, so I decided to make my own.
Shakes tend to be unhealthy, full of sugar and leave you feeling quite full. I wanted to make something healthy, light and easy to drink on the go.
Here I’ve combined two of my favorite things, a chocolate shake and my daily serving of whey protein.
This drink feels naughty but nice. You’re getting all the goodness of whey with the indulgent sweet chocolate flavor. What more could you ask for?
- 300ml Plant Milk
- 2 Frozen Bananas or 1 Scoop Plant Based Ice-cream (we use Brave Robot)
- 1 Scoop V-Whey Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup (can be substituted for maple if it is 100% vegan in it’s purest form)
- Optional – Cocoa or Cinnamon Powder to sprinkle on top
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle some cocoa or cinnamon powder on top to taste.
- Add ice to keep your drink cool.
Serving this sweet treat for breakfast? Top with some crunchy cereal, granola or oats for a tasty breakfast dessert.
This quick and easy recipe can be ready in less that 5 minutes. The perfect post-gym protein hit, late night snack or on the go fuel.